1. Basic Information:
Mepiquat chloride is a commonly used plant growth regulator at present. It is a kind of plant growth retardant, which can prevent plants from over growing, and has been used by many countries like USA, Mexico, Canada, Australia, etc.
3. Mode of Actions:
- Restrain the elongation of cell;
- Inhibit gibberellic acid synthesis in plants;
- Stay the growth of nutrition;
- Make plants shorter and increase content of chlorophyll;
- Control growth of main stem and branches to lower the plant;
- Help flowers and fruits not to fall, accelerate mature and increase turnout.
4. Toxicological test:
- The acute oral toxicity of mepiquat chloride TC in adult rats is low;
- The acute dermal toxicity is low;
- The acute inhalation toxicity is low;
- The mepiquat chloride has no irritation to rabbit eyes and skin.
- The 3-causing test is negative, mepiquat chloride is not teratogenic, carcinogenic, and mutagenic.
5. Environmental impact data of mepiquat chloride:
Mepiquat chloride has low environmental toxicity, little impact on beneficial organisms, and easy degradation in water and soil.